Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: For Kit or Molly?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member beccachris's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2005
    Posts
    212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I finished a new dress and can't decide if it would be better for Kit or Molly. I made it thinking for Kit, but now I'm not sure. So, tell me who you think it would be best for. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    Last two pictures in my album - one picture is the illustration where I got the idea for the dress.

    http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2130395823

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Princess_Lyndsi's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 2nd, 2005
    Posts
    129
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have Kit and my sister has Molly, so I'm trying to imagine it on both of them. Hmmm [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] ... I'd have to say Molly. It's cute on Kit, but I think it's more Molly's style.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Shawniec's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    274
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm going to put in my vote for Molly: I think that color would be great on her! Cute dress [img]wink.gif[/img] .

    Shawn

  4. #4
    Inactive Member mom_to_an_americangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 9th, 2003
    Posts
    248
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Molly.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member robin0850's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 6th, 2005
    Posts
    1,270
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The style says 30's to me; also, I can't see Molly in such a lacy, party-like dress--she seems to be more of a can't-wait-for-blue-jeans-after-school kind of gal. Of course, so does Kit, but the dress still seems to belong to Kit's decade more than Molly's. IMHO [img]graemlins/thinking.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member schallerwoods's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2004
    Posts
    193
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's a molly dress. [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Nann

  7. #7
    Inactive Member josephhswife's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Don't girls ever share clothes anymore?

    The fabric to me says Kit, but I can see why you'd like it for Molly, too. Reminds me of her victory garden dress in some ways...

  8. #8
    Inactive Member beccachris's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 7th, 2005
    Posts
    212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ok - looks like the votes so far are going to Molly. Maybe I'll have to set up a photo session just to make sure. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Grapedy1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 8th, 2004
    Posts
    400
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    It's definately a post-WW2 dress in the illustration, you can tell by the fullness of the skirt. They weren't that fully during the Depression and the War years, that became popular after the war was over and fabric rationing stopped. The fabric though is very "flour-sack" so I see the dilemma. I'd go with Molly myself.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Janabanana's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 30th, 2002
    Posts
    107
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Showed my mom this dress today. she's 70 and she said that she had a dress that closely resembled it in the late 30's or early 40's! She said that most people wore a lot of hand-me-downs and that it wasn't a shameful thing, just neccesary. Heck, I always thought it was great when I got a bunch of hand-me-downs because it meant a bigger wardrobe! So I guess it could be for either doll!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •